Monday, November 28, 2011

Dear Broken World,

I've become tired. I've become unsatisfied. I've become impatient. John Mayer's been waiting on the world to change since 2006. Has it? Yes, but progress is a two-way street. There is both growth and decay and I fear we are heading the wrong direction. I was told to be patient, but how can i be while the children are still suffering? How can I continue to settle for this mediocre reality which we are suspended in? Or as we are all actors who pretend to be stuck in this tragedy. How do I rip the cross bars away from the wicked puppeteer? Children who can't read Shakespeare are running down my street screaming for help by yelling profanities. Too reach out would be ludicrous or at least that's what those around me are choosing to teach these kids. I thought you were supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but what have they been convicted of? you keep expelling demons from you mouth like vomit. Then our kids have to walk in it. Your demons saturate their tiny souls. Why are you punishing them? WHY?! Excuse me Executioner, but your punishing the youth before they received a fair trial.

Sincerely, SBC

No comments:

Post a Comment